Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Recommended Readings and This & That

Recommended Readings

The U.S. president talks through his hardest decisions about America’s role in the world.
By JEFFREY GOLDBERG
Photographs by Ruven Afanador
The Syrian regime's latest victory is a boon to Washington

This

That

Bush lied about WMDs and drove us into an unnecessary, costly, disastrous war, but he did me a solid and left me a hella tip.

Bush is culpable in the rise of ISIS, but he did me a solid and left me a hella tip.

Bush drove our entire economy into a fucking ditch while playing ‘Eastbound and Down’ on the radio and shouting ‘Yee-haw!’ but he did me a solid and left me a hella tip.

Bush appointed two magnificent asshats as SCOTUS justices who have repeatedly tried to break American democracy and the Voting Rights Act, but he did me a solid and left me a hella tip.

Bush violated the Geneva Conventions and was complicit in the widespread and contemptible use of torture by US forces, but he did me a solid and left me a hella tip.

Bush is responsible for us knowing who Karl Rove is, but he did me a solid and left me a hella tip.

Bush set new standards for Presidential incompetence in responding to a natural disaster and basically let a city drown, but he did me a solid and left me a hella tip.

Bush spent like half his goddamned Presidency on vacation, but he did me a solid and left me a hella tip.

Bush is unquestionably one of the five worst Presidents in American history, but he did me a solid and left me a hella tip.